New Flash Fiction Review was founded in 2014 by author/editor Meg Pokrass. We are an online magazine devoted to flash fiction and prose poetry.
We prefer submissions to have an easy-to-read font and double-line spacing.
We do not publish previously published material. We do not accept submissions via email. Any submissions sent via email will be deleted unread.
Simultaneous submissions are encouraged. If your piece has been accepted elsewhere, simply withdraw it from our Submissions manager.
To get a flavor for what we like, please read our current issue, read Meg’s work, read the Wigleaf Top 50, Smokelong, Cheap Pop, the Bath Flash Fiction Award, and so many more! Read Audra Kerr Brown’s Wigleaf Top 50 story The Way of the Woods. Read Al Kratz’s Second Place story at Bath Flash Fiction Award You Have So Many More Choices Than Fight or Flight. Read and love Flash! Share the love with us! Check out Al Kratz’s articles on Beginnings and Endings. Check out previous NFFR stories that have been in or nominated for the anthologies. Check out Al’s perusal through NFFR history here and here.
- 500 word max, previously unpublished, simultaneous submits are ok. (just let us know if you need it withdrawn)
- Entries Read Blind. Preliminary read by the NFFR editorial team who will choose the 10 story Short List for this years judge, Leonora Desar.
- $10 per entry, 1 story per entry. Up to 3 entries per writer.
- Remember to make sure your name isn’t in the doc!
- Winner will receive $200
- 3 Runner Ups will receive $50
- Winning stories and all shortlisted stories will be published in the 2022 New Flash Fiction Prize Issue.